perjantai 2. tammikuuta 2015

Year Zero

Dear internet,

Happy new year! I know it's a bit late, but anyway; 2014 has come to its end, and what a great year it was! Here's a list of some great things that happened;

- I had some great time with my friends and family at various events; for example, the Qstock-festival in Oulu, Sonisphere-festival in Helsinki, Sotkamon Syke-festival in Sotkamo, skiing trip to Ukkohalla and visiting Linnanmäki and Korkeasaari. My friends also threw me a wonderful send-off party before I left for exchange!
- I finished my internship and eventually got employed by Manninen Nutraceuticals Oy, and the seven-or-so months that I spent working at the company have been extremely fun, interesting and educative!
- Great things happened in the family as well: my brother had a baby girl (whose godfather I became, yay!) and my little sister graduated and became an Ylioppilas.
- Also, I finally managed to begin writing a blog! I've been considering the idea for a long time now, and finally I got the initiative I needed.
- And last but definitely not least - I scored a position as an exchange student in Lakehead University and traveled to the other side of the world, all the way to the Great White North, beginning an adventure that might very well become the best experience I've ever had - or ever will!
- Bonus: yesterday evening I was just chilling in my dorm, when suddenly two deers - yes, actual, wild deers - casually strolled by my window. That's some solid "Only in Canada" -shit right there!

I also met some awesome new people on the way and had the chance to rekindle some older friendships as well. I would like to thank every single one of you for making 2014 perhaps the best year of my life so far. Thanks for being awesome! Let's make 2015 even better than last year!

By the way: Thunder Bay is still awesome. I'm doing quite well and fortunately getting over jet-lag (which is quite annoying by the way) and I'm of course quite excited about next week already, when school begins. Today I went for a walk in downtown area and visited the Intercity Shopping Centre as well, which is the largest shopping mall in the city. 

From now on I'll be posting a bit less frequently, probably every Friday, so see you again in a week!




I'm also eating healthy! Wendy's Double Baconator with Poutine. Delicious calories!
"The Hangar", a large fitness centre for LU students.
The gym, which I hopefully get to try out on Monday, is on the left side.

A small stream running by the University. Notice the "No Fishing!" -sign on the left
 - what a disappointment! I was hoping to catch my meal from there :(


As always: thanks for reading!

Yours sincerely,

Teemu



Count down together now
and say the words that you heard:
- - Welcome Year Zero!



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti